Thursday, October 10, 2013

33 Weeks

I'm trying to freeze time and it's just not working.  Each day is something new for the little guy.  His current obsession is standing and trying to walk.  He's loving the push walker and doesn't seem to want to stop.  He's tried just letting go of stuff while he's standing, not realizing that he will fall down quickly.  He of course loves to practice while he's supposed to be sleeping.  I'll look at the monitor and he's holding on to the edge of the crib, walking around the crib and going after the monitor.  We had one sitting on the edge of the crib and that has hit the deck at least a dozen times.  All of a sudden you look at the monitor and there is Jack's face and hands coming at you...and then there's a loud thud from it hitting the floor.  

He has 2 new games he likes to play.  He will make the raspberry noise with his tongue, and then Jon or I will do it back.  He loves to do this back and forth.  He also scrunches up his face and breathes in air from his nose and back out.  When I make this face at him, he'll do the same right back to me.  When we are driving we just go back and forth with the raspberry and the nose trick and he starts smiling.  He tries doing the raspberry while eating sometimes, which is obviously not ideal.  

He tried carrots this past week and seemed to like them.  I'm not crazy about them because they stain EVERYTHING!  He looked like a little oompa loompa from Wizard of Oz after he was done eating because the carrots turned his skin orange where he made a mess.  

Jack started a new swim class this week since our other one was over for the season.  We love it!  The pool is indoors and they actually do circuits of different activities in the water.  The pool is also a saltwater pool, so we don't have that chlorine smell when we are done.  They also have a slide for the babies to go down.  I wasn't sure if Jack would freak out or love it...he seemed to like it just fine :)

Jack has been evicted from Mommy's garden tub to his own big boy bathtub.  I didn't think the transition would be a big deal at all...WRONG!   He was standing up too much in his baby tub that we put inside my big tub, so we said it was time for him to just be in the big tub.  The first night he was really tired since he gave up his 3rd nap.  As soon as we put him in the water it was a FULL meltdown.  Standing up, trying to get out of the tub.  He was so upset that I thought the water might be too hot.  Water seemed fine, so I jumped in the tub with him and he was a little better.  Still, he wouldn't get in the water, he was climbing up me as high as he could get.  It was so weird, because he's been in plenty of "big boy" tubs at my parents, Jon's parents, my brother's and my sister's house, so it wasn't anything foreign to him.  Just a new phase I guess :)  I thought for sure the second night would be better...not by much.  I didn't get in the tub this time, we just threw a bunch of toys his way and kept cheering him on.  We will see how tonight goes.  Eventually, he will be fine with it.  

Well, I think that's about it for now.  I hope to NOT be reporting walking anytime soon.  I'm savoring each day I have left :)

Have a great week!

Lots of love,
The Waags 
Jack and Addie
Eli & Jack sporting the speedos
He's a crawler
The scrunched nose face :)
We are trying to master the sippy cup!
Lotte tackling Jack
"Do I have anything on my face???"
Can't turn your head for a second...

No comments:

Post a Comment